Monster Meat Cupcakes - Inspired by ‘Don’t Starve’
Blueberry Bacon Cake + Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Blueberry Bacon Cake Ingredients
(yields 1 dozen)
- 6-7 strips of bacon (cooked & minced)
- Reserved bacon drippings from cooked bacon, refrigerated & solidified.
- 3 TBSP butter, room temperature.
- 2 eggs
- 5 TBSP brown sugar
- 5 TBSP blueberry syrup
- 1 1/4 C self-rising flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1/4 C milk
Blueberry Bacon Cake Directions:
- Cream together solidified bacon drippings and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs until just combined.
- Add in brown sugar and syrup until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the batter, pour in milk, and beat in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Fold in minced bacon.
- Line cupcake pan and pour in batter until cups are 3/4 full. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 16-18 minutes.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 oz butter (room temperature)
- 3-4 C powdered sugar
- 1-2 TBSP blueberry syrup
Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
- Cream together cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar.
- Mix in blueberry syrup until evenly distributed.
OPTIONAL: add in purple food coloring to the cupcake batter and black food coloring to the frosting for a more authentic ‘Monster Meat’ appearance.